Monday, 11 July 2016

Christianity is a race

I am sick and tired of these racist atheists that criticize my race Christianity.

How many times have you heard that or a related statement?

Well surprise people Christianity is not a race. Christianity is a religion. So a criticism of Christianity is not racism. Now, I am sure most people with a sliver of intelligence can comprehend that so lets take this a step further shall we?

I am sick and tired of these racist atheists that criticize my race Islam.

How many times have you heard that or a related statement?

Well surprise people Islam is not a race. Islam is a religion. So a criticism of Islam is not racism. If you hold the position that Islam is a race, then you have to recognize Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Scientology as a race. Race is defined as "any one of the groups that human beings can be divided into based on shared distinctive physical traits" and/or "a group of individuals who share a common culture or history". So you have to either share physical or common culture/history to be classified as a race. That means a religion can only be classified as a race if they share physical characteristics, as well as culture/history. That means that if you have a religion existing in two different countries it cannot be a race. Look I know this is not difficult to understand, so forgive me for being verbose, but some people do not understand this simple idea.

Religion is not a race.

If it is then I am a Christian, and that is something I am  certainly not as I don't believe in fairy-tales.