Monday, 1 December 2014

Social justice is bullshit

Social justice, what does it mean? This may sound like a stupid question and really it is, but I think its a good place to start when explaining why I think social justice is bullshit. The problem is basically that what is called social justice today is not social justice.

Social Justice is meant to be "a state or doctrine of egalitarianism". Its mean to be fair, its meant to be equal. However I think the people at Urban dictionary say it best when they define social justice as "Promoting tolerance, freedom, and equality for all people regardless of race, sex, orientation, national origin, handicap, etc... except for white, straight, cisgendered males. Fuck those guys, they're over-privileged no matter what."

The problem I think social justice suffers is the same problem that religion suffers. There is a lot of following the mouthpieces and proclaiming them right all the time. However, there is a huge gap in the rational thinking in the warriors that buy into the bullshit they are fed. Now, I am sure if you are all for social justice in its modern incarnation you completely disagree with me. Well let me elaborate with a perfect example. Its an example that had me angry until I saw the facts and didn't buy into the bullshit that is/was getting spoon fed.

There is a petition on change.com at the moment to get a certain Julien Blanc denied entrance to Korea to hold a seminar on how to pick up women etc. Now while I agree the guy is an idiot and he should be held accountable for the stuff he does. Granted he should only be held accountable if the ladies he "sexually abuses" actually call it sexual abuse, that after all is how the justice system is meant to work. It is important always to remember, that there is a difference between my personal opinion and what is getting claimed. There is a difference about how I feel and basically what is blatant lies to evoke a response. So let me explain further with some examples.

Firstly, this petition claims Julien Blanc endorses rape.
"His "lecture" includes not only how to degrade, manipulate women but goes as far as to include tips on how to harass and rape women."
This is a very bold claim, as I have never heard him endorse or teach how to rape. Additionally, if you make such a claim you need to back it by facts. But there are no facts, just bold claims.

Then they show you a clip from "his" youtube channel, which is in fact not his channel.
"Julien Blanc has his own YouTube channel and has recently posted a now viral video called " White Male F*cks Asian Women in Tokyo (and the Beautiful Methods to It!""
 In fact all the sources they give are not Juliens sources, except the one link which they give towards the company for which he works. So should I believe there agenda when they cannot even back it up?


So what do you get in response from all the people signing the petition?
"I do not have to be from South Korea to want women to be treated with respect and not subjected to the violence this man preaches."
"You call someone who teaches how to rape women a pickup artist? Stay away from Korea."
"what a twat! this pig shouldn't be allowed anywhere! it is never okay to do what he is doing! if i could, i'd sign this petition a thousand times! stop rape culture!"

Is this evidence of the problems with social justice? You be the judge, but let me just add that I reported this petition two weeks ago for false information and pointed them in the right direction. Needless to say nothing has changed. Seems that social justice does not care about the truth.

xxxxxxxx
Maybe as a heads up someone should contact Julien and get him to sue this group. Sorry Julien if you are reading this, I just don't care enough to report it to you myself. Frankly, I think you are an idiot.