Wednesday, 10 December 2014

A peer review laugh

As I have been talking about peer review recently and how it works and why it works. I thought I would give the peer review process a bit of a ribbing.

Now, it is true as I have noted that at times incorrect views or incorrect interpretations may be published in peer reviewed journals. In fact some really important papers have been retracted by the authors for making mistakes which reviewers (and they) did not notice until a year or two later. So bearing that in mind, this really made me laugh.

 (Source)

But to bring it back to how science works. This line has now been removed and if you have access you can see that science and peer review and post peer review does work.

This was and is funny, as it shows scientists are human. But more importantly, again it shows that the scientific method works.