Monday, 3 November 2014

Who or what is God?

The question "who or what is god?" is a question that in my opinion gets a lot of thought and complex answers. However, why does it have to be this difficult, I think the answer to this question is immensely simple and wish to illustrate this below with three questions. Each question will have two responses, which I think shows why this question is so easy to answer.

Importantly, I am assuming these questions could be asked anytime in history, when people did not necessarily know all the answers.

What came before the big bang?
a) I don't know.
b) God.

Why does an apple fall towards the Earth?
a) I don't know.
b) God.

Why are there thunderstorms?
a) I don't know.
b) God.

When you look at these answers and the questions, it is really simple to see that god means "I don't know". Thats all God is, its the answer to a question when we don't want to say "I don't know". Its the great get out of jail and seem smart card.

I am proud to be able to say "I don't know", are you?