Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Where did the outrage go?

We all have seen the video of a lady walking around New York city and getting catcalled and what is termed "sexual abuse". Granted, I did not watch all ten hours so I did not see the sexual abuse and I am glad they kept it out of the video. To be honest there was probably zero sexual abuse though. If you have not seen the edited video then here it is and where have you been for the last month?



Needless to say there was complete outrage from the feminist movement, social justice warriors and pundits trying to say all the right things. On the other hand there were a lot of rational men and women alike that said this movie is utter rubbish and the people for this campaign should grow up. At first, I wanted to avoid this topic as I didn't want to give further attention to what seems to me to be not as severe as it is claimed to be. Another reason I didn't want to say something until now was I trust the world at times and I knew this would happen. So here I present a man getting catcalled.




Where is the outrage now? I guess its not going to come. Proves the point that either the first video was not harrasment or that equality is getting skewed.

Maybe here is some more food for thought, that is also getting overlooked. Dressing in a Hijab will not get you cat called?



Seems like there is a lot going on here in these movies and some seem to be loaded with agendas. Lets use our brains and not jump on the bandwagon. Sexual harassment is a real thing, its not just whatever you want it to be. The fact is that if the original video is sexual harassment then so is the second video. The case is shut, equality is equal for all and if you don't realize that go back to school.