Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Why do gays get married in churches?

The decision in the United States allowing homosexual couples to get married and the outcry from the Church that everything is going to hell in a handbasket really got me thing about something. Its something I have never understood and if I have any readers that have insight on this topic I would love to hear some feedback.

Basically, why do any homosexuals want to get married in church? The case of the Methodist minister that got kicked out of the church and then reinstated shows that there are actually homosexuals that want to get married in church and I am not just making this stuff up.Honestly, its kind of like being in a Salvador Dali painting. It makes absolutely no sense that a homosexual would want to get married in a church.

 (Source)

All my gay friends are atheists so to ask them this question is an absolute waste of time as they feel the same way about church that I do i.e. I ain't getting married in that place. Also they understand the critical aspect of why this question bothers me so much.

Homosexuals are hated by the church. Now some Christians will say that homosexuals are not hated by the church just the homosexual sin. But if the church disapproves of what you do and what you do is what makes you a person, then they disapprove of you. Call it disapproval or hate, they just don't want you around and they don't condone your lifestyle. Thats why they don't want to marry you in  their church. That is why they believe homosexual rights to be legally married is the destruction of society. They don't like you!

So again I have to wonder. Why do homosexuals want to get married in churches?

Its to me a seriously stupid desire.