Sunday, 20 July 2014

Aliens, UFOs and the interesting sighting factor

In the past I have touched on UFO believers, or UFOlogists or deluded people. So when I found the following info-graphic in a article (The Hard Data on UFO Sightings) I was reading it really made me smile.


 Now while the author does point out some problems with the data, such as the fact that some states with low alcohol consumption still have large sighting numbers. However even considering this, I still think that the general trend is there. Surely this trend gives us reason to believe that alcohol (or other forms of inebriation) have a lot to do with when and why people see UFOs.

Actually, I found this analysis even more amusing  after seeing the follow website openminds.tv which says it is a "research-based organization with a mission to investigate and report evidence of extra-terrestrial, UFO, and other phenomena to a global audience."

Is that research on how much alcohol you can drink then?