Monday, 17 March 2014

The Noah disclaimer

I have blogged before about how excited I am about the new Noah movie. But now, my excitement has waned and I am just irritated. Granted I will still watch it, but I am highly irritated now by Paramount studios for putting a disclaimer onto it. Not just to the movie, but to the previews and commercials too. The reason they have to put this disclaimer on is because a bunch of uppity Christians believe it is not a true portrayal of the Bible.

Well guess what, its not a true portrayal as it never happened. That's why I was excited about the story as it was going to show a large portion of the Christian population around the globe just how dumb their biblical stories are. Granted it is still going to show how dumb the story is, but now a theist can say "of course this is not really what happened" as they fall cataclysmically into cognitive dissonance.

Here is the disclaimer:

"The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis."

I guess the Christians thought Mel Gibsons Passion of the Christ was a real description of a biblical story. Which is amusing since Jesus in that movie lost enough blood to fill three people and was still walking around. Sometimes, irrationality is just to hard to overcome.