Sunday, 2 March 2014

The infidel talks to the infidel slayer

Last week I met a friend of a very close friend. Turns out she is a Muslim, which made me laugh aloud while my friend scrambled to tell her I am a huge atheist and think all religion is a waste. On a side note is it ever appropriate to laugh when someone tells you they are religious. Almost every time in this situation I laugh, as usually it makes me think of how I can ask questions that I know they will have to justify with awful consequences. So, yes I do get a twisted enjoyment out of the whole situation.

Back to the story. I asked this friend about the whole kill infidels question that is found in the Koran. Basically, I said to her you have to kill me right? I got a quizzed look and then I said in the Koran it says you have to kill the infidels(unbelievers) as is lined out in the Surah below. And hence I am an unbeliever so you need to do some murder.
Surah 2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

But this is where it gets interesting. Her reply to me was that this is out of context as it does not mean all infidels. It in  fact refers only to those apostates of the Islamic faith. Now I have read the versus surrounding the one I quoted above, and it does not seem to me to be this way. However, I am sure there are Hadiths that explain all these things in "un"sensible apologetic way.

But, before we digress any further as to what these interpretations of the prefect word of god mean. It still means there are people you are allowed to kill if they do not believe in Allah. Religion of Peace my arse.