Monday, 27 January 2014

The raving lunatic that is John Piper

John Piper, I never knew about this guy until I read about him at the ramblings of Sheldon. Honestly I try not keep up to date with fundamentalists, so when I saw the name I decided to click on the link and see what he was about. The following clip is what I was linked to and I don't think I can say to much besides that he is a lunatic if he honestly believes that God has the right to slaughter people as he wills. The reasoning is that God has the right to do this as God can do no wrong ever.


But then I got to thinking, even if he is a lunatic he is correct in his beliefs as this is what the bible teaches. Pretty much this is the same attitude that the Westboro Baptist Church has, he and they are biblical literalists. The problem is his (and their) beliefs are based in the stone ages and have not developed to reflect society as it exists today. 

On a side not at least he is not against the use of anti depressants. The reasoning is good on this, and this is why John Piper is so dangerous as he is smart enough to use the correct words in the right places.