Sunday, 8 December 2013

Another reason not to believe in Scientotlogy

In September of this year I did  a series of posts (1, 2, 3 , 4, 5) on the Scientology cult. Now, I have a confession to make. No, I was not a Scientologist but that would have been a cool story. Its the reason that I wrote those posts in the first place. I was reading about L.Ron Hubbard and I was thinking "This guy must have been a great science fiction writer to be able to mislead so many people." So I decided to watch the movie Battlefield Earth, which features prominent Scientologist John Travolta.

(Source)

What a horrible, horrible movie. The plot was stupid, the acting was bad, everything was just bad. I suppose this is the reason why it is considered one of the worst movies ever made as voted by the public. I don't think even Scientology's golden boy (Tom Cruise) would have been able to save this piece of trash.

I think honestly the easiest way to convert any Scientologist is to make them watch this movie. It just shows you what a bad writer L.Ron really was, and makes you wonder how anyone can believe this Scientology farce about Xenu and thetans etc. I wonder how many people besides Atheists and Scientologists actually know about this stuff? I think even Christians/Muslims who believe in fairy tales will admit this is a bit over the top.

Here is some highlights of just how bad this piece of trash is.