Sunday, 8 September 2013

What I am not.

This post does not have anything to do with reasons behind my atheism, it has to do with me and what I am and what I am not. I am also sure this holds for other atheists although the list may differ. There are assumptions theists will make regarding atheists that are not true by any stretch of the imagination. Let it be clear these are assumptions and they have nothing to do with atheism, the only fact (not assumption) about atheism is that it is the rejection of the existence of a god.

So here is a list of what I am.
I am an anti-theist.
I am a chemist.
I am a sceptic - or at least I always try to be.

Here is a short list of what I am not.
I am not a liberal - I don’t think that religion should have the rights it is afforded in modern society.
I am not a conservative - Fiscally I am could never fit into the conservative category.
I am not a feminist - I believe in equal rights for women, but not special privilege.
I am not a racist - I support equality for all races, I just cant help myself that I find stereotype jokes funny
I am not a grammar stickler - I don’t care, just write and try your best.

I write this post just to show that theists should not make assumptions regarding atheists.  The only thing you should know is that we reject the existence of god as the evidence shows that it is unlikely that a god exists.