Wednesday, 19 June 2013

My conversion form agnosticism to atheism

A very long time ago  (2007) I used to be a member on Myspace and I had a blog. This was a post I posted there in November 2007. This is when I started realizing that agnosticism was just not worth it any more. I post it here to encourage others to see that it is not really worth calling yourself agnostic. I guess I have become a militant atheist in a way.



Theism, Atheism or Agnostic

Definitions.
Agnostic: An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist.
Atheism: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
Theism: One who believes in the existence of a God; especially, one who believes in a personal God.

I have been facing a dilemma recently as to whether I should let go of my agnosticism and rather become a fully fledged atheist instead. This may seem strange to many and all that this is such an issue, but there is pure and simple logic behind this all, scientific evidence in a big way shows that theist belief is a load of rubbish, so hence if there is no god why be agnostic. So this would then in principle lead me to an atheistic viewpoint, but in principle could I give up my agnostic beliefs.

Okay the reason I am bringing this to light of day, is plainly because I have reached a decision on organized religion, and that is that plain and simple they suck big time. So still been agnostic, gives credence then to the possible belief in a god or gods, to which the theist groups can grasp onto and cling for dear life. Why may you ask that I feel is religion such a bane on society and life on the whole planet, well look around you, and if you can’t see it then maybe its time to really look into yourself as a person (likely you will be a theist who believes in their personal god) or into the social systems that surround us. What really surprises me about religion, is that been agnostic I have trawled the religious texts and holy books, is where does all this intolerance and hatred come from, have I really misinterpreted these texts so badly?