Monday, 24 June 2013

Intelligent Design...Sigh

Updated 6/25
Found this gem of information on the Discovery Institute website. And they say they are not influenced by religion.
"Discovery Institute has a special concern for the role that science and technology play in our culture and how they can advance free markets, illuminate public policy and support the theistic foundations of the West."
Original article below
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cant believe I have to post this.

Intelligent Design is defined as follows by our friends at the Discovery Institute.
"The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."

So next question who or what is the intelligent cause?
Funnily enough the discovery institute is very vague what this so called "intelligent cause" is. But if its intelligent and it is creating life then surely it is a creator and hence a deity or god. And before the ID babies start crying. No, you cannot debate that without been a very dishonest creationist.

My guess as to why they ID"iots" are so adamant about not naming the intelligent cause, is that if they did they would never have a chance of forcing it down children's throats in the future. As any court would dismiss it as pure creationism then. Also they seem vague about church affiliations for their members, I wonder why that is unless they are all atheists, who somehow believe in an intelligent cause. Which brings me to the reason behind this post.

Recently I was debating a theist and he said to me that Bradely Morton is a self proclaimed atheist who advocates ID. I should also note that he is a philosopher and not a biologist.
http://bradleymonton.wordpress.com/
The guy who has  published a book (which I have not read) titled "Seeking God in Science: An Atheist Defends Intelligent Design"So I guess the intelligent cause is god according to our atheist friend.

And to that I say bullshit! Bradley Morton is as much an atheist as I am a female. How any atheist can proclaim to be an ID advocate, is a nice way of saying I am not an atheist. After all ID requires a god, and atheism denies the existence of gods. How people still fail to see this is beyond me.