Monday, 10 June 2013

I dont think thats honest moderation

I am writing this post because I am irritated with the lack of honesty I see displayed by moderators of comments. Actually for that matter moderation in general and it all started off with a debate (or so I thought with a theist on the blog "The Eponymous Flower" and a commercial that was critical of Christianity.
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.kr/2013/06/ad-features-blasphemous-dipping-host.html

Here is the commercial for you viewing pleasure.


The author of the blog had said in that
" The sacrilegious tastelessness makes clear the general acceptance in secular circles, that in contrast to other religions like Judaism and Islam, Christianity can be insulted with impunity." 
So I left a comment that said
"I think you will find that is not true. Most people see Christianity getting criticized more because more atheists have had to grow up in Christian oppressive households and live in Christian countries. Trust me as an atheists I don't hold back on any religion, I actually like to criticize all of them with the broad stroke of theism, except when it is addressing a particular religion and something they have done."
To which I got a response:
"That's nice Christian, bully for you. Do you happen to administer some part of education, industry or the media?
It has more to do with the prolonged adolescence and preciousness of Western youth, I think. Any excuse to avoid the looming realities of duty, justice or even something as essential as reality."

To which I responded as I do not see myself as a bully.
"Oh, I am not a bully I am just a rational person who criticizes ideas that hurt others as religion has a tendency to do. As for what I do I am a scientist, a chemist to be more precise.
I don't avoid reality as I am sure most atheists don't as that would fly straight in the face of using logic to come to a rational outcome.:"
 


Thats when it all started to get weird every time after that when I commented my comments got removed. See below for a perfect example of when I invited the author of the blog to a debate. Let it be noted I have also invited said author to a debate via e-mail as I wanted to make sure it was not an error in deleting the comment. So stay tuned we could still have a debate on this blog.


I feel it extremely rude when people are attacking me that I am not able to defend myself. Especially if you then attack the persons credibility and call them a narcissist but you are not prepared to listen to how they respond to your comments. So I would say don't visit this site unless you want to get criticised and then not be left the option to defend yourself.

I have responded to other anonymous comments and guess what they were also removed.

For the full text of the comment thread I include it below. You never know they may get deleted.

xxxxxxx
My comments in red, blog administrator is in blue, anonymous is in green.
My first comment

•I think you will find that is not true. Most people see Christianity getting criticized more because more atheists have had to grow up in Christian oppressive households and live in Christian countries. Trust me as an atheists I don't hold back on any religion, I actually like to criticize all of them with the broad stroke of theism, except when it is addressing a particular religion and something they have done.




TancredJune 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM

•That's nice Christian, bully for you. Do you happen to administer some part of education, industry or the media?
It has more to do with the prolonged adolescence and preciousness of Western youth, I think. Any excuse to avoid the looming realities of duty, justice or even something as essential as reality.

ChristianJune 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM

•Oh, I am not a bully I am just a rational person who criticizes ideas that hurt others as religion has a tendency to do. As for what I do I am a scientist, a chemist to be more precise.
I don't avoid reality as I am sure most atheists don't as that would fly straight in the face of using logic to come to a rational outcome.


 

AnonymousJune 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM 

•I was raised in a Catholic home. Taught to live clean, do no unjust harm, honor my parents, hate perversion against nature, love even the pervert, be faithful to marriage vows and above all to know, love and serve God. Yes, I was oppressed too. Poor me.
BTW, reality and logic teach that those who claim there is no God yet spend all their time trying to make trouble for the God they say they don't believe in. ROFL My upbringing taught me not to harass those who do not agree with me. That would be hateful. Too bad your religion doesn't teach the same.
Atheists my ass. LOLOL


AnonymousJune 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM

•to Christian, You are sure that most atheists don't
avoid reality thus use logic to reach rational outcomes. Mr. Christian, that is a very unscientific
conclusion. The larger fact is that there are many
unscientific conclusions in science.


AnonymousJune 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Bravo! Very well said.
We will soldier on.


Deleted Response Here.

TancredJune 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM

•Considering that your post had nothing to do with the content of the article, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for coming by.
 
ChristianJune 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM (This response was also deleted before I reposted it)

•You said in your article
"The sacrilegious tastelessness makes clear the general acceptance in secular circles, that in contrast to other religions like Judaism and Islam, Christianity can be insulted with impunity."
I was pointing out why this is so and why it is not true. So I think my point was very relevant.



AnonymousJune 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM

•Mr. Christian, If you proved that Christianity
in contrast to exs. Judaism and Islam can be insulted with impunity is so..in
fact you did no such thing. And why it is not true.
You were wrong again. I could be wrong but I think I am not in saying this logic and scientific method is
flawed. Mr. Christian, you said, "I was pointing out
why this is so and why it is not true". 


TancredJune 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM

•I don't mind people responding to him, but I just cut bait after I deleted the response before this one. I might be a little trigger happy, but when I see the obvious petty narcicisism, I'm not moved much to spend a lot of time or to want to waste anyone else's time.
He says HE doesn't discriminate between Christians, Jews and Muslims, well that's nice, but I don't care what some eccentric says about Islamists and Jews. The point is that there are consequences for being critical as far as the cultural Marxism which rules the media is concerned.


ChristianJune 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM

•This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. (Deleted response here)