Saturday, 2 February 2013

Random Chats With Believers V

-->
I had another chat with a Jehovah's Witness the other day. Seriously there are way to many of them in Korea! Actually Korea is getting swarmed by religious nut groups, I wish there was a way to stop this as religion has never done anything good.

So in the whole discourse of the discussion, not one shred of evidence was given for the belief in god. Yet the whole idea behind this is to sell me the idea that I should believe in a god? But this is not what the story is about, its just important to realise that there is never any evidence for god. Again I put my challenge out, if you can prove existence I will become a believer.

At a point in the conversation, the JW tells me there is no hell. Here is the conversation that followed.

Me: So there is no hell?
JW: Yes.
Me: So why do you believe in god?
JW: Because, at the judgement day it says that believers will rise up from the grave and live again, while the sinners will remain in the grave.
Me: So you will be a zombie?
JW: No not a zombie!
Me: But someone who comes back from the dead is a zombie.
JW: No not a zombie. (Clearly avoiding this, he moves on to something else)
JW: You see only the believers will get to live again.
Me: So there are no repercussions for being a sinner, as there is no hell?
JW: Yes, but you don't get to live again?
Me: You mean be a zombie?
JW: No, you get to live again.
Me: So if I believe I get to be a zombie and no repercussions and if I don't believe no repercussions? So why believe in god?
JW: Because he is real and gave his son and blah blah blah blah.
Me Where is your proof?
JW: look at nature...........(Like I said no proof for a god)

So what is the logic to believe when there are no repercussions at all? Well what is the logic to believe in something that does not exist? I wish could help this JW see the truth, but the brain washing is so severe here that I doubt it will happen. This saddens me, as he seemed to be a really nice guy who somehow go sucked into a cult.

xxxxxx
For a another random chat